Because I want to be one of the cool kids. :DAlinorThomas Dolby, "She Blinded Me With Science"
- A bit silly, perhaps, but this has long been a song that's put in mind of Alinor. :DDavid Bowie, "As the World Falls Down
) - This has long been one of my favorite songs anyway, but it kind of makes me think of Alinor and Lohendrin, especially when she thinks of what she knows of his last relationship. She wants to make him happy after that, so it's kind of sweet and sad.The Mamas and the Papas, "Dedicated to the One I Love"
- When Lohen's away for battle and she worries for him, and misses him. She's a little neurotic, with it being her first relationship.David Holsinger (composer), "To Tame the Perilous Skies"
- This is actually a song I played in band class in high school (though the link is the Air Force Band performing it). Alinor has loved flying ever since she was first able to do so, and especially after she built her first flying machine. I always loved doing flying quests on her, whether bombing or rescuing or whatever, because I knew my character felt a particular exhilaration when up in the sky. Apart from the obvious "Ride of the Valkyries" when in her copter (heh), this song is for Al in flight, whether soaring high in the sky above it all, as the quiet beginning might suggest, or dodging cannon blasts and other enemy fire in the faster, more 'driving' parts, especially at 9:51 (I remember that subsection being titled "Snarley" on the sheet music). The slightly dissonant trumpets at 9:54 and such make me think of the felfire cannon blasts barely missing someone in the air.
I'm amused by my longest description for Alinor being in relation to a song I played in band class, rather than the delightful RP with Lohendrin… *L* But I suppose for those songs, the lyrics help tell the tale, versus something more instrumental.LucreziaPoe, "Control"
(suggested by lohendrin
). Just look up the lyrics, listen to the song. This is Lucy.Emmylou Harris, "Deeper Well"
- This has been one of my favorite songs ever since I heard her perform it at Lilith Fair in 1997, and Lucy isn't the first character for whom it works; but she's my only WoW character it fits, really. The feeling of determination and desperation, looking for something, and that someday when she finds it, it'll more than likely be a sort of pyrrhic victory for her.Bjork, "Army of Me"
- Lucy's general attitude in dealing with most people. Also, like the previous, it has a good overall beat for a determined warrior.Enigma, "I Love You, I'll Kill You"
- This definitely fits her marriage, and perhaps could be said to be more of her husband's song than hers. His rather obsessive, controlling mindset, his inner demons, etcetera. And the song's overall sound/feel fits the mental image I have of his eyes in the dark.Duran Duran, "Come Undone"
- It makes me think of her and her relationship with her brother, and the way she wants to/will open up to him about everything in the near future.JaylieEmiliana Torrini, "Wednesday's Child"
- Fitting right now, because she's feeling very lonely as yet someone else is gone from her life and she still doesn't understand why.Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, "Sister Rosetta Goes Before Us"
- Jaylie is actually a happy character overall, but some songs fit her bouts of sadness like the last one, and this. This to me has a sort of sad hope through the melancholy, which fits.Caolan
I haven't posted for him here, but this is another character of mine-- Caolan, blood elf priest. I have a couple of songs that make me think of him.Fleetwood Mac, "Dreams"
- Perhaps more something to/about him, rather than something said from his perspective.Gorillaz, "New Genious (Brother)"
- Just 'cause he's a priest, and Holy at that, doesn't mean he's necessarily a good fellow. Nor bad. He's…himself. And this song fits him.
Edit to add a suggestion from lohendrin
that I have decided is most definitely
Lucy's theme song: Poe, "Control"
. Thank you for that awesomesauce suggestion!